|Published:||Feb 07, 2013 5:47 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 07, 2013 6:00 PM EST|
San Carlos Park,Fla.- "I have two kids and dont want anything bad to happen to them," said new mom Rachael Wosilait.
People who live in San Carlos Park said the five brush fires came too close for comfort.
"I don't understand what would be on the mind of someone who would start a fire that could hurt somebody that fire could of spread all through the neighborhood," said Loni Pines.
San Carlos Park fire investigators said the first brush fire broke out Wednesday at noon and the last one started Thursday morning.
All happened less than a mile from each other.
The most recent one at S. Tamiami Trail just north of Alico rd. Others were set at S. Tamiami Trail just north of Park rd., Buchanah rd. and Coolidge rd., S. Tamiami trail just north of Ron Daos, and S. Tamiami trail and Sanibel Blvd.
Fire investigators said they do not know what caused the fires or who would set them intentionally.
"Some people do it to gain attention or there have been instances where they do it to be the hero themselves," said Alexis Rothring with San Carlos Park Fire District.
Rothring said luckily no homes or structures were in danger.
"Seeing the fires here it is disheartening because it is so dry," said Jan Rose.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash