ESTERO, Fla.- The San Carlos Park Fire District says they have responded to five separate brush fires in the last 24 hours. They say all of the fires have occurred along US 41.
Locations of the brush fires include:
-S. Tamiami Trail just North of Alico Rd.S.
-Tamiami Trail just North of Park Rd.
-Buchanah Rd. and Coolidge Rd.S.
-Tamiami Trail just North of Ron Daos
-S. Tamiami Trail and Sanibel Blvd.
The cause of the fires are under investigation by the Fire Marshal and are all considered suspicious.
No homes or structures were seriously threatened.
An approximate total of five acres were burned.
Anyone with any information pertaining to these fires can contact San Carlos Park Fire District at 239-267-7525 or the Arson Hotline at 1-800-342-5869 to remain anonymous.
SCPFD would like to remind citizens to be aware of fire danger conditions currently in place. Please join us in preventing brushfires by becoming proactive in brushfire prevention. When burning debris (as small as a campfire) you must meet requirements for setbacks. If your fire escapes, you may be liable for cost of suppression and damage to the property of others. San Carlos Park citizens are strongly advised to use common sense whenever using anything that can cause a flame or spark, and to clear the area around their home of brush and vegetation to reduce the fire risk.
- Confusion leads to heavy police activity at Bernwood Cove
- CCSO seeks IDs of persons of interest in burglary case
- Teen fights off suspect accused of holding a gun to her head
- Woman accused of faking sons' deaths won't face jail time
- Students slime principal for 1 million minutes of reading
- Miami man catches longest Burmese python captured in Fla.
- Truck carrying mulch rolls over at Colonial & Plantation
- LCSO catches home invasion suspects in San Carlos Park
- Baby found, father charged in South Fla.
- Fla. gov. vetoes nearly $400 million from budget