|Published:||Feb 07, 2013 12:25 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 07, 2013 6:03 PM EST|
ENGLEWOOD, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff's detectives arrested five people Wednesday involved in theft of nine weapons, cash and coins from a safe in an Englewood area home on Jan. 26. Todd Michael Matsinger, 39, of 2120 McCall Road; William Brandon Shaffer, 32, of 7216 Batavia Street; and Ross William Houle, 22, of 30 Oakland Hills Court, were all arrested. Patricia Joyce Snyder, 47, and her daughter, Jennifer Elizabeth Snyder, 26, both of 720 S. Broadway Avenue, were arrested by Sarasota County Sheriff’s detectives.
Several of the stolen weapons were recovered by the CCSO Dive Team earlier this week in a canal off Prospect Street in Englewood East near the Charlotte/Sarasota county line. Another weapon was bought by detectives at the Snyder’s home in Sarasota County on Jan. 31.
Matsinger remains in the Charlotte County Jail on no bond. He is charged with 11 felonies; nine counts of Grand Theft Firearm, one count Burglary while Armed; and Grand Theft Over $20,000 but less than $100,000. Shaffer also remains in jail on no bond; he is charged with Grand Theft Over $20,000 but less than $100,000, and Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon. This is Shaffer’s seventh booking.
Houle was originally arrested Jan. 31 at the Port Charlotte Days Inn on drug charges. Wednesday he was arrested at his Charlotte County Jail cell and charged with Grand Theft Over $20,000 but less than $100,000. Bond is set at $9,000.
Jennifer Snyder and Patricia Snyder were both charged in Sarasota County with Dealing in Stolen Property, Jennifer was additionally charged with Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon; her bond is $20,000. Patricia’s bond was set at $10,000.
CCSO detectives continue their investigation and more details will be available as the case unfolds.If anyone has information about this case, please call the CCSO at 941-639-2101, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Burglary suspect casually takes items from unlocked vehicle
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption