|Published:||Feb 07, 2013 11:08 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 07, 2013 11:08 AM EST|
CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) - The FBI says a man charged with murder in Riverside County, Calif., has been arrested in South Florida.
They say 33-year-old Edgar Alvarez will be returned to California after his arrest Wednesday in Coral Gables. He was wanted in the fatal shooting of Emeron Hernandez at a restaurant in Moreno Valley, Calif.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/XX2JFv ) reports investigators believe Alvarez fled to Mexico after the 2006 shooting. He returned to the U.S. in 2009 and officials believe he lived in Las Vegas, Tennessee and Florida.
Alvarez was taken into custody by the FBI's South Florida Violent Crime/Fugitive Task Force, with assistance from Coral Gables police and the U.S. Secret Service.
He was being held in the Miami-Dade County Detention Center.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- Poll: Rubio gets negative marks on immigration
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- Dr. Joseph Burke's Last Day as Superintendent
- Judge reads charge against Zimmerman to jurors