|Published:||Feb 06, 2013 12:02 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 06, 2013 12:02 PM EST|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office jail detective arrested a 28-year-old Punta Gorda woman Tuesday after a strip search revealed Xanax pills in a container in her vagina.
Casey Leigh Cranfield, of 6100 Padula Street, was arrested Monday for Violation of Probation and taken to the Charlotte County Jail. Tuesday, jail deputies learned that Cranfield had ingested Xanax in the jail after her arrest and a strip search was ordered. During the search, deputies located a 2½ inch Tylenol pill bottle in her vagina. The detective said the pill bottle contained eight Xanax and two unidentifiable pills that were sent to FDLE for positive identification.
Cranfield refused to comment and wanted to speak to her attorney. She was charged with Introduction of Contraband into a Detention Facility, Possession of Xanax without a Prescription, and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. This is Cranfield’s third booking with seven previous drug charges; she remains in jail on no bond.
Anyone with knowledge of illegal drug activity is asked to please call the CCSO Narcotics Unit at 941-575-2157 or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble