PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office jail detective arrested a 28-year-old Punta Gorda woman Tuesday after a strip search revealed Xanax pills in a container in her vagina.
Casey Leigh Cranfield, of 6100 Padula Street, was arrested Monday for Violation of Probation and taken to the Charlotte County Jail. Tuesday, jail deputies learned that Cranfield had ingested Xanax in the jail after her arrest and a strip search was ordered. During the search, deputies located a 2½ inch Tylenol pill bottle in her vagina. The detective said the pill bottle contained eight Xanax and two unidentifiable pills that were sent to FDLE for positive identification.
Cranfield refused to comment and wanted to speak to her attorney. She was charged with Introduction of Contraband into a Detention Facility, Possession of Xanax without a Prescription, and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. This is Cranfield’s third booking with seven previous drug charges; she remains in jail on no bond.
Anyone with knowledge of illegal drug activity is asked to please call the CCSO Narcotics Unit at 941-575-2157 or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- 20-year-old girl dies in Cape Coral scooter crash
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Bikers participate in Collier County 'Freedom Ride'
- Friends Mourn Friend Killed in Motor Scooter Crash
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Hundreds of bikers honor military with Freedom Ride 2013
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th