|Published:||Feb 06, 2013 12:28 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 06, 2013 4:11 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- A group of Collier County citizens are pushing for an increase in the tourist tax.
The list of Collier County beach projects in need of dredging and funding is growing. That's why the Collier Community Alliance, which is a group of citizens, wants to increase the tax from 4 percent to 5 percent.
Some hotel owners say the increase would be detrimental to business.
The group will present the idea at the Naples City Council meeting today. Ultimately, it will be up to the County Commission to approve the increase and decide what the funds should be used for.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school