|Published:||Feb 06, 2013 12:08 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 06, 2013 12:46 PM EST|
BONITA SPRINGS, Fla.- WINK News is one step closer to learning if a controversial stem cell doctor in Bonita Springs will get his license back.
In October, a four-day hearing examined whether Dr. Zannos Grekos was responsible for a patient's death after he performed a stem cell treatment. Today, the Department of Health filed it's recommendation to the judge.
It recommends the Board of Medicine revoke Grekos' license, and fine him $40,000. Grekos' attorney has until tomorrow to submit his recommendation, and then the judge will make a final decision.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman