|Published:||Feb 06, 2013 12:08 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 06, 2013 12:46 PM EST|
BONITA SPRINGS, Fla.- WINK News is one step closer to learning if a controversial stem cell doctor in Bonita Springs will get his license back.
In October, a four-day hearing examined whether Dr. Zannos Grekos was responsible for a patient's death after he performed a stem cell treatment. Today, the Department of Health filed it's recommendation to the judge.
It recommends the Board of Medicine revoke Grekos' license, and fine him $40,000. Grekos' attorney has until tomorrow to submit his recommendation, and then the judge will make a final decision.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students
- Former Cape mayoral candidate faces fraud charge