|Published:||Feb 06, 2013 6:53 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 06, 2013 6:56 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- In a recommendation just released, the Department of Health wants to revoke Dr. Zannos Grekos' medical license.
The Bonita Springs doctor is being investigated after two of his patients died following controversial stem cell treatments.
In October, a judge held a four-day hearing to examine the facts and listen to testimony concerning the death of a 69-year-old woman.
Today, the Department of Health released its recommendation to the judge. It says Dr. Grekos' license should be revoked, and he should be fined $40,000.
Grekos' attorney has until Thursday to submit his recommendation. Then, the judge will make a decision.
Grekos' license is currently suspended.
Another hearing is scheduled for June, considering the death of a second patient.
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Garrod Drywall burglary suspect blacks out cameras
- Couple killed while crossing US 1 in central Fla.
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week