|Published:||Feb 06, 2013 6:53 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 06, 2013 6:56 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- In a recommendation just released, the Department of Health wants to revoke Dr. Zannos Grekos' medical license.
The Bonita Springs doctor is being investigated after two of his patients died following controversial stem cell treatments.
In October, a judge held a four-day hearing to examine the facts and listen to testimony concerning the death of a 69-year-old woman.
Today, the Department of Health released its recommendation to the judge. It says Dr. Grekos' license should be revoked, and he should be fined $40,000.
Grekos' attorney has until Thursday to submit his recommendation. Then, the judge will make a decision.
Grekos' license is currently suspended.
Another hearing is scheduled for June, considering the death of a second patient.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire