|Published:||Feb 06, 2013 6:53 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 06, 2013 6:56 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- In a recommendation just released, the Department of Health wants to revoke Dr. Zannos Grekos' medical license.
The Bonita Springs doctor is being investigated after two of his patients died following controversial stem cell treatments.
In October, a judge held a four-day hearing to examine the facts and listen to testimony concerning the death of a 69-year-old woman.
Today, the Department of Health released its recommendation to the judge. It says Dr. Grekos' license should be revoked, and he should be fined $40,000.
Grekos' attorney has until Thursday to submit his recommendation. Then, the judge will make a decision.
Grekos' license is currently suspended.
Another hearing is scheduled for June, considering the death of a second patient.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- Lehigh Middle student allegedly brings knife to school
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County