|Published:||Feb 06, 2013 12:00 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 05, 2013 5:29 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - The search is on for three men who robbed a Dunkin Donuts location on Palm Beach Boulevard just after 2:30 a.m.
The Lee County Sheriff's Office says a female employee got to the store and was approached by the men. They forced her to open the store and reportedly took the cash drawers. The woman was hit in the back of the head with a gun, and then forced to walk around the block with the men behind her. They threatened to shoot her if she turned around. When she got back to the store, the victim asked a delivery driver to call 911. She was taken to Lee Memorial Hospital.
The store is right near the Fort Myers Shores area.
Phil Gaither lives in the neighborhood and says, "It's disconcerting to hear that someone is pistol whipping someone or doing that."
He says the neighborhood is usually quiet and he doesn't like to hear about the crime.
"I'm not too happy. But I've been here a year and a half and I haven't had any problems, just one of those things I guess, you never know," Gaither continued.
The men also stole the employee's cell phone and store keys. Detectives found them nearby.
If you know anything, you're asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS.
- North Fort Myers mobile home fire displaces family
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- New bridge has glitch that keeps a section up for 30 minutes
- Officials: Up to 20 whales moved to deeper water