|Published:||Feb 06, 2013 12:00 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 05, 2013 5:29 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - The search is on for three men who robbed a Dunkin Donuts location on Palm Beach Boulevard just after 2:30 a.m.
The Lee County Sheriff's Office says a female employee got to the store and was approached by the men. They forced her to open the store and reportedly took the cash drawers. The woman was hit in the back of the head with a gun, and then forced to walk around the block with the men behind her. They threatened to shoot her if she turned around. When she got back to the store, the victim asked a delivery driver to call 911. She was taken to Lee Memorial Hospital.
The store is right near the Fort Myers Shores area.
Phil Gaither lives in the neighborhood and says, "It's disconcerting to hear that someone is pistol whipping someone or doing that."
He says the neighborhood is usually quiet and he doesn't like to hear about the crime.
"I'm not too happy. But I've been here a year and a half and I haven't had any problems, just one of those things I guess, you never know," Gaither continued.
The men also stole the employee's cell phone and store keys. Detectives found them nearby.
If you know anything, you're asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- Storage unit swiper targets Cape Coral facility
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting
- Man allegedly shoots step-son in face for being a 'moocher'
- Immokalee Rd. reopens after 2 crashes, moments apart
- Teen bound up as crooks raid home
- Oil rig up for consideration at Immokalee Airport
- Four kids hospitalized after two separate near drownings