|Published:||Feb 05, 2013 10:37 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 05, 2013 12:36 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- A new ordinance is now in place in Fort Myers, forbidding sex offenders from coming within 300 feet of safe zones. Those include locations like schools, bus stops, YMCAs and daycare facilities.
According to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement website, there are 127 registered sex offenders and predators in Fort Myers.
This new ordinance mimics the ordinance Lee County adopted nearly a year and a half ago. Fort Myers Police Chief Doug Baker says its a way to better protect our children.
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo