|Published:||Feb 05, 2013 12:21 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 05, 2013 12:22 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Fort Myers Police Detectives arrested Antwond Roberts, charging him with Second Degree Murder for the November 5, 2012 homicide investigation of Markeish Corbett.
The investigation revealed that Roberts shot and killed Corbett, while Corbett was sitting in his vehicle at the store. Roberts left the victim in the parking lot and stole the victim’s car. Roberts drove the victim’s vehicle to Charlotte County. Charlotte County Deputies located Roberts in the vicinity of the recovered stolen vehicle and arrested him. He was initially charged with Loitering and Prowling and Resisting Arrest Without Violence.
Fort Myers Detectives traveled to Charlotte County and collected evidence from the victim’s vehicle and the area nearby. The collected evidence was submitted to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement Laboratory for analysis. After an intensive investigation, Detectives developed probable cause that Antwond Roberts committed the homicide. Evidence included witness testimony and physical evidence.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Company offers extra protection to gun owners
- Mote Marine asking people to keep eye out for whale sharks
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges
- LCEC warning customers about customer service imposters