|Published:||Feb 05, 2013 12:21 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 05, 2013 12:22 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Fort Myers Police Detectives arrested Antwond Roberts, charging him with Second Degree Murder for the November 5, 2012 homicide investigation of Markeish Corbett.
The investigation revealed that Roberts shot and killed Corbett, while Corbett was sitting in his vehicle at the store. Roberts left the victim in the parking lot and stole the victim’s car. Roberts drove the victim’s vehicle to Charlotte County. Charlotte County Deputies located Roberts in the vicinity of the recovered stolen vehicle and arrested him. He was initially charged with Loitering and Prowling and Resisting Arrest Without Violence.
Fort Myers Detectives traveled to Charlotte County and collected evidence from the victim’s vehicle and the area nearby. The collected evidence was submitted to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement Laboratory for analysis. After an intensive investigation, Detectives developed probable cause that Antwond Roberts committed the homicide. Evidence included witness testimony and physical evidence.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis