|Published:||Feb 05, 2013 12:06 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 05, 2013 12:06 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Lee County Sheriff's Deputies are searching for an elderly woman who was caught on surveillance footage taking a wallet out of another woman's purse, inside of Walmart on Pine Island Rd., and leaving the store with it.
The 66-year-old victim told the officers she had been shopping in the store while using a mobility scooter. When the scooter lost power, she continued shopping on foot. In doing so, she left her wallet in the basket of the scooter. When she realized this, she went back to retrieve it, but it was gone.
Walmart Loss Prevention reviewed surveillance video and observed a woman, approximately in her 70s, wearing blue capri pants and a teal shirt, take the wallet from the scooter, put it in her purse and leave the store. She left in a white, newer model, 4-door vehicle.
The victim's wallet contained several credit cards and cash.
If you have any information, you are asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies