|Published:||Feb 04, 2013 10:15 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 05, 2013 9:16 AM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Two men are behind bars after Sunday's early morning shooting at Reflections Apartment complex. Police say a man shot and wounded two men who forced their way into his home.
Jamar and Ashanti Underwood are in jail, facing burglary charges.
"I heard three shots. Three bangs right in a row," said Reflections resident Patrice Mitchell, "I walked outside my door and there were people running up and down the stairs I guess for the party or whatever."
Mitchell says she regrets not calling 911 saying, "I got an eerie feeling and then I just didn't call."
A couple hours later renters saw the police.
"It was like, five or six cops. I was taking my baby to the sitter and the cop said, 'Ma'am , you need to turn right around. It's a shoot-out.'"
Residents said the violence will not scare them away from their homes but they will remain vigilant.
"In reflections I feel safe. But Ft. Myers is getting really bad. But I think it's targeted, not just random crime sprees," said resident Brandi Spikes.
Authorities say Jamar and Ashanti Underwood showed up at Lee Memorial, wounded and bleeding. Doctors treated them and police hauled them off to jail.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire
- Union vote set for some Lee Co. government workers
- Island Park brush fire remains mostly contained
- Salvation Army of Fla. assists Oklahoma tornado victims