|Published:||Feb 04, 2013 4:11 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 04, 2013 4:11 PM EST|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla.- A 23-year-old victim suffered multiple burn wounds and lacerations after accidentally shooting himself in the genitals with a flare gun.
Deputies responded to the 2700 block of 33rd St. SW on Sunday, just before 9:30 a.m.
They say the victim was playing with a flare gun in the master bedroom, that he had reportedly checked to make sure was empty before firing. A witness said she saw him load it, put it down and pick it up again, not remembering he had loaded it, before pointing the gun at the floor and firing it. That's when the flare rounds struck the floor and ricocheted, hitting the victim in the genitals.
He was transported to Lehigh Medical Center for treatment.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend