|Published:||Feb 04, 2013 10:13 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 04, 2013 10:13 AM EST|
OCALA, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a man found a skeleton inside a tent by the railroad tracks in Ocala.
Lt. Scott Fosler told the Ocala Star-Banner (http://bit.ly/12mscjd ) the remains found Sunday had likely been in the tent for between six months and a year.
Fosler says a skull could be seen inside the tent, partially covered by a blanket. He says other bones were scattered around the camp site.
Fosler says there are no indications of foul play. But the Ocala Police Department is investigatin.
Information from: Ocala (Fla.) Star-Banner, http://www.starbanner.com/
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft