|Published:||Feb 04, 2013 10:11 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 04, 2013 10:11 AM EST|
NEWBERRY, Fla. (AP) - Deputies say north Florida homeowner and a teenager fatally shot a man who twice forced his way into the home.
The Gilchrist County Sheriff's Office reports 21-year-old Kenneth David Drown Jr. was armed Sunday when he barged into the home of his ex-girlfriend and their baby.
Authorities say someone inside the home told 911 dispatchers that Drown was armed with a 12-guage shotgun. During a scuffle, Drown was disarmed and left the home. Before deputies arrived, he forced his way inside again, armed with another gun.
The Gainesville Sun (bit.ly/WJpr7U ) reports that Drown pointed the gun at the homeowner, who shot him. A 16-year-old also shot Drown. He was hit several times in the upper body and died a short time later at Shands at the University of Florida.
Information from: The Gainesville (Fla.) Sun, http://www.gainesvillesun.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected
- Fort Myers Dog Show takes over Lee Civic Center
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Communications satellite launched into space