|Published:||Feb 04, 2013 2:57 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 05, 2013 10:29 AM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- A deadly Cape Coral accident left some people temporarily without power Monday, and even more wondering what happened.
Cape Coral police say 59-year-old Mary Watkins veered off Academy Boulevard and into a utility pole and palm tree around 2:00 p.m. As a result of the accident, Watkins died and nearby homes were without power for about five hours.
The exact cause of the crash is still unknown.
Cape Coral Police say this is the fifth traffic death this year.
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing
- Passerby pulls floating 5 year-old from North Naples pond
- Beach-goers keeping an eye on the waves in the Gulf