|Published:||Feb 04, 2013 2:57 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 05, 2013 10:29 AM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- A deadly Cape Coral accident left some people temporarily without power Monday, and even more wondering what happened.
Cape Coral police say 59-year-old Mary Watkins veered off Academy Boulevard and into a utility pole and palm tree around 2:00 p.m. As a result of the accident, Watkins died and nearby homes were without power for about five hours.
The exact cause of the crash is still unknown.
Cape Coral Police say this is the fifth traffic death this year.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'