|Published:||Feb 04, 2013 4:20 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 04, 2013 7:09 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Two-year-old Brianna Addison died last week, police say, at the hands of her mother's boyfriend. Addison and two other children were left in the care of Derrick Johnson for more than 10 hours.
It's quiet at the Horizons Apartment unit where Brianna was killed. Children's toys are still on the porch. In a new report, police interviewed Brianna's sibling in the hospital who told investigators what happened.
"Johnson gave (Brianna) a 'whooping' in the living room because she was bad...with a belt and a shoe." The girl said her mother was at work when this happened.
Last week, our cameras caught Johnson helping Brianna's mother, Shawna Hall, load another child into a car. He was arrested shortly after.
The report indicates Johnson didn't call 911, instead he called the children's mother for help.
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- Golisano Children's Hospital holds ceremonial groundbreaking
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- USDA predicts smaller citrus crop in Florida