|Published:||Feb 04, 2013 1:02 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 04, 2013 6:45 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Collier County deputies arrested a 9-year-old and two 10-year-old boy on arson charges regarding a fire that had residents of Sitterly Lane in a panic Friday evening.
Officers responded to the scene just after 5:00 p.m. and, according to the arrest report, found an "extremely large" fire within 20 feet of residences. The homeowners were panicking and had evacuated their homes.
The Collier County Fire Department was able to extinguish the fire within several minutes.
Three little girls told investigators that three boys were in back of the homes and were seen with gasoline and a lighter. They said as the boys were exiting a wooded area, one of them said, "Your house is gonna burn [expletive]."
Investigators went door-to-door in the neighborhood, gathering information about the boys. After tracking them down, and gaining a confession from one of them, all three were arrested and transported the Naples Jail Center.
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Garrod Drywall burglary suspect blacks out cameras
- Couple killed while crossing US 1 in central Fla.
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week