|Published:||Feb 04, 2013 1:02 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 04, 2013 6:45 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Collier County deputies arrested a 9-year-old and two 10-year-old boy on arson charges regarding a fire that had residents of Sitterly Lane in a panic Friday evening.
Officers responded to the scene just after 5:00 p.m. and, according to the arrest report, found an "extremely large" fire within 20 feet of residences. The homeowners were panicking and had evacuated their homes.
The Collier County Fire Department was able to extinguish the fire within several minutes.
Three little girls told investigators that three boys were in back of the homes and were seen with gasoline and a lighter. They said as the boys were exiting a wooded area, one of them said, "Your house is gonna burn [expletive]."
Investigators went door-to-door in the neighborhood, gathering information about the boys. After tracking them down, and gaining a confession from one of them, all three were arrested and transported the Naples Jail Center.
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Investigation in to the Hohensee marriage
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Memorial Day weekend travel expected to mirror last year
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Fla. man dies after crashing into moving train
- Man found floating in water near Marathon
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption
- Fla. Gov. asked to return money to insurer
- Hurricane center: Beware of the storm surge