|Published:||Feb 01, 2013 6:38 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 01, 2013 6:38 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Crews battled a five-acre fire in East Naples Friday afternoon, after a witness said children were playing with gasoline in the woods.
The flames were quickly extinguished, but were close to homes behind Sitterley Lane, causing alarm. Dry conditions helped the blaze spread quickly.
The captain on the scene said, with only one witness, there would be no investigation to speak of.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating