|Published:||Feb 01, 2013 3:29 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 01, 2013 3:29 PM EST|
SARASOTA COUNTY, Fla.- The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office has arrested 28-year-old Justin Haney, of 519 Richardson Way, for trying to rob a man in a wheelchair outside Walgreens earlier this week.
Haney was the man shown on surveillance video moments before he left the store and approached the 45-year-old victim in an attempt to buy pills. When the victim told Haney he didn’t have any, the suspect tried to steal the victim’s satchel. When he couldn’t wrestle it away, Haney punched the victim several times in the face and fled the scene.
That surveillance video yielded tips to Crime Stoppers, and detectives arrested Haney Wednesday on a Charlotte County warrant for violating probation. He will be charged with Attempted Robbery in this case.
Haney has an extensive criminal history that includes 25 arrests for charges including battery, burglary and robbery.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect