|Published:||Feb 01, 2013 10:32 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 01, 2013 5:42 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- Tips from residents of a Cape Coral neighborhood led to a month-long investigation into possible drug dealing by a Cape Coral man. The investigation culminated with the arrest of 34-year-old Danjulyn Curry, of 1314 SE 21st Lane, on numerous drug charges.
Detectives received calls from residents living in the quiet neighborhood with concerns that Curry was selling drugs out of his home. Curry lives in the home with his girlfriend and their 15-month-old daughter. Cape Coral Police began their investigation and soon after arranged for an Undercover Detective to purchase drugs from Curry.
"I just dont understand how he thought he was going to get away with it," said one neighbor.
Curry sold crack cocaine to police on January 23rd. Detectives were then able to secure a search warrant for Curry’s residence and on Wednesday January 30th the SWAT Team raided the home. Neighbors stood outside and cheered the SWAT Team as they were packing up from the raid.
A search of Curry’s home revealed a stolen 9mm handgun, marijuana, crack cocaine, powder cocaine, heroin, scales, baggies and other paraphernalia associated with drug dealing.
Curry was arrested on charges of Cocaine Trafficking, Possession of Heroin with Intent to Sell, Drug Sale/Manufacturing in the presence of a minor, among other drug charges and taken to the Lee County Jail.
“This case is a classic example of Police-Community partnership. Concerned neighbors made a conscious choice to get involved and take stock in their neighborhood. They didn’t stand pat and accept a criminal selling drugs in their community, they called their police department.
Within weeks our SWAT Team was taking down the house and the drug dealer was in jail. The icing on the cake was when neighbors stood by and applauded as we took Curry to jail,” said Lieutenant Tony Sizemore.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- FWC reports 20th panther mortality for 2013