|Published:||Feb 01, 2013 10:46 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 01, 2013 10:46 AM EST|
MIAMI (AP) - Jurors have found a convicted sexual predator of beating his cellmate to death in a dormitory at Dade Correctional Institution in Florida City.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/WXAZm6 ) reports the jury on Thursday night found 49-year-old Rickey Robinson guilty of second-degree murder in the death of 57-year-old Patrick "Sonny" Salgat in December 2010.
Robinson was serving an 18-year sentence for the 1990 sexual battery of a minor.
Salgat had been serving life in prison for the fatal shooting of Steve Bolyard, a Santa Rosa County State Attorney's investigator, in June 1990.
Robinson's sentencing is scheduled for March 1.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Teen fights off suspect accused of holding a gun to her head
- Students slime principal for 1 million minutes of reading
- Miami man catches longest Burmese python captured in Fla.
- LCSO catches home invasion suspects in San Carlos Park
- A&E's 'Beyond Scared Straight' films in Charlotte County
- Employees owed money after comedy club closes down
- Suspect gets life in prison for 2011 deadly shooting
- Rollover on SB I-75 at Bonita Beach Rd. slows traffic
- Fla. Gov. oks sales tax holiday for August
- Orange River Elementary principal Holly Bell retires