|Published:||Jan 31, 2013 12:05 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 31, 2013 4:47 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- There are still many unanswered questions surrounding the death of a little girl in Fort Myers. Fort Myers Police are remaining tight-lipped about what happened at the Horizons apartment complex Wednesday morning.
Thursday morning, the crime scene tape was gone, as was almost all evidence that a death happened the day before. In speaking to the neighbors however, the emotional effects were still fresh. Many stopped by the scene to drop off gifts for the victim's family. A mother and child, who don't even live in the complex, stopped to leave a stuffed bear on the porch.
Neighbors say a child was found unresponsive in the building. They say they watched crews carry a little girl out to an ambulance, followed by another child. One appeared to have a stab wound. They say they might have been left under the watch of another person at the time.
The family was too upset to comment Thursday morning.
The police aren't releasing any new information.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Officials: At least 20 whales in deeper water
- Warrants detail accusations in Jameis Winston case
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New bridge has glitch that keeps a section up for 30 minutes