|Published:||Jan 31, 2013 12:49 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 31, 2013 4:50 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Crews are making repairs after Provident Jewelers on South Tamiami Trail was robbed Wednesday morning. A man was caught on surveillance video ramming a car through the front doors to get inside.
It's estimated that about $50,000 in jewels were taken in the burglary. Lee County investigators are still trying to track down the thief.
In the surveillance video, the thief is wearing a black mask and white gloves as he smashes several jewelry cases.
Investigators say the vehicle the thief used to commit this crime was found at the intersection of Exchange Lane and Trader Street in Fort Myers. Authorities say it was stolen from the Bellasol community.
The owner of the jewelry store is taking inventory to try to determine exactly what was stolen.
If the person in the surveillance video looks familiar, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend