|Published:||Jan 31, 2013 12:49 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 31, 2013 4:50 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Crews are making repairs after Provident Jewelers on South Tamiami Trail was robbed Wednesday morning. A man was caught on surveillance video ramming a car through the front doors to get inside.
It's estimated that about $50,000 in jewels were taken in the burglary. Lee County investigators are still trying to track down the thief.
In the surveillance video, the thief is wearing a black mask and white gloves as he smashes several jewelry cases.
Investigators say the vehicle the thief used to commit this crime was found at the intersection of Exchange Lane and Trader Street in Fort Myers. Authorities say it was stolen from the Bellasol community.
The owner of the jewelry store is taking inventory to try to determine exactly what was stolen.
If the person in the surveillance video looks familiar, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft