|Published:||Jan 31, 2013 12:49 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 31, 2013 4:50 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Crews are making repairs after Provident Jewelers on South Tamiami Trail was robbed Wednesday morning. A man was caught on surveillance video ramming a car through the front doors to get inside.
It's estimated that about $50,000 in jewels were taken in the burglary. Lee County investigators are still trying to track down the thief.
In the surveillance video, the thief is wearing a black mask and white gloves as he smashes several jewelry cases.
Investigators say the vehicle the thief used to commit this crime was found at the intersection of Exchange Lane and Trader Street in Fort Myers. Authorities say it was stolen from the Bellasol community.
The owner of the jewelry store is taking inventory to try to determine exactly what was stolen.
If the person in the surveillance video looks familiar, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing