|Published:||Jan 31, 2013 9:15 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 31, 2013 9:15 PM EST|
FORT MYERS-Fla.-Surveillance video shows a thief jumping over the hood of a cadillac Wednesday morning. Wearing a mask and white gloves, he smashes five jewelry cases inside Provident Jewelry. The crook got away with up to 50-thousand dollars in merchandise. A day later, the cases sit empty and the owner is still in shock.
Owner Aaron Steinberg said, "It is unbelieveable. Some red reflectors off the car actually made it almost halfway through the store."
Crews spent much of the day repairing the damage while employees did inventory.
"Everything is secure all. The customer items are secure in the safe. He never went near the safe at all."
Still, customers said it is alarming.
June Lederer said, "I think it is ridiculous, but whatever happens is going to happen."
Deputies found the cadillac the crook used to ram through the jewelry store at the intersection of Exchange Lane and Trader Street in Fort Myers. Authorities said it was stolen from the Bella Sol community.
"Thankfully no one was here and we are insured and everyone is safe."
If you know anything about this crime call the Lee County Sheriff's Office.
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman