|Published:||Jan 31, 2013 10:33 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 31, 2013 10:33 AM EST|
JACKSONVILLE BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A 36-year-old Jacksonville Beach woman faces up to 30 years in prison after pleading guilty to four counts of child neglect.
Authorities say Dalina Nicholas repeatedly allowed her 6-year-old daughter to be sexually abused in exchange for drugs and money. The Florida Times-Union (http://bit.ly/Wh8sdH ) reports Nicholas agreed to testify against four other people charged in the case. She won't be sentenced until those trials conclude.
In March 2012 a homeless man flagged down a police officer and told him a child was being molested in a nearby home. The man said he'd been to the home before to use drugs and had seen several men having sex with the child.
Nicholas' attorney says his client doesn't understand the girl was being abused because of drug and mental health issues.
Information from: The (Jacksonville) Florida Times-Union, http://www.jacksonville.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent