CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. - Charlotte County deputies arrested a second man wanted for hitting a deputy with his pickup truck last month. 22-year-old Hunter Morrison, of Punta Gorda, turned himself in.
He is in jail without bond for violation of probation.
Deputies told Wink News, when they approached Morrison's pickup to serve a warrant, he put the truck in reverse, accelerated and drove into one of the deputy's leg. The deputy was treated and released from a local hospital.
The other suspect, Jeffrey May, turned himself in almost two weeks ago. He faces aggravated battery on an officer.
- 20-year-old girl dies in Cape Coral scooter crash
- Bikers participate in Collier County 'Freedom Ride'
- Friends Mourn Friend Killed in Motor Scooter Crash
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Consumer group flags high SPF ratings on sunscreen
- Hundreds of bikers honor military with Freedom Ride 2013
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th