|Published:||Jan 31, 2013 10:18 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 31, 2013 10:18 AM EST|
RIVERVIEW, Fla. (AP) - A 17-year-old who said his girlfriend shot herself in the chest has been charged with her murder after the Hillsborough County Medical Examiner found that the girl was shot in the back.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/WAl7rt ) reports the teen has been charged with second-degree murder. Sara Gonzalez died after being shot Friday night.
The teen initially told officers that Gonzalez was shot by an unknown assailant who knocked on the front door, then fired when she opened it. Deputies say they found a Glock 9mm handgun and one shell casing in a crawl space under the mobile home. The teen then told police that Gonzalez shot herself in the chest with his gun during an argument.
An autopsy revealed that Gonzalez had been shot once, in her lower back.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Pod of whales beach themselves along Everglades shore
- Cops: Man shoots friend while watching football
- 2 Keys men get prison for wildlife trafficking
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- Accused robber shoots self before arrest
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Officials lift Martin County dengue fever advisory
- Fla. cities lead nation in high-end foreclosures
- Fla. man pleads not guilty in Facebook killing