|Published:||Jan 30, 2013 2:03 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 30, 2013 5:50 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- Cape Coral Police continue to investigate a home invasion that took place on SW 3rd Ave., off Pelican Blvd., Tuesday afternoon.
The 51-year-old victim told officers he was sitting on his back porch when he was approached by two unknown masked men, wearing all black clothes. They demanded money. He used a knife to fight with one of them, while the other searched the victim's home office.
According to the incident report, the first suspect returned and pointed a gun at the victim, demanding that he open the safe and give him his wallet. The suspects pistol whipped the victim several times as he led them through the garage and tried to open the safe. He failed to enter the proper combination several times in the process.
The victim said he was then ordered into the bathroom and told to stay there. After a couple of minutes had passed, he felt safe to leave the room and called police.
Though he didn't see which direction the suspects fled, the front door was still locked, as he had to unlock it for the officers when they arrived.
The victim received a several small cuts on his hands from the earlier knife fight, and contusions to his head from being repeatedly hit with the gun.
He estimated the suspects got away with $20,000 in cash from the safe, $20,000 in rare coins and $8,000 in cash from his wallet. He believed the suspects were in their 20's, stood about 5'8 and weighed 170 lbs.
If you have any information regarding this crime, you're asked to call Crime Stoppers 1-800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Retired Corrections officer arrested after accident
- Body identified in Fort Myers death investigation
- Neighbors fighting for fire station on Livingston Road
- Comedy show to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys
- Tiger has 4 pound hairball removed
- Stranger Danger in Naples
- Homes near sinkhole condemned
- Protecting children on the roads