|Published:||Jan 30, 2013 3:48 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 30, 2013 3:48 PM EST|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff's deputies arrested a woman on theft charges after she stole items from Walmart and Publix on two different dates in Port Charlotte. Jessica Rae English, 29, of 22286 Augusta Avenue, was charged with two counts of Retail Petit Theft and Resisting a Merchant During a Retail Theft.
On Jan. 17, a woman went into Walmart in the Deep Creek area and, using a cart with two reusable shopping bags, filled them with merchandise and attempted to leave the store without paying. A clerk asked her for a receipt; the woman replied she didn’t have to show any receipt and exited the building. Walmart security stopped the woman by holding onto herpurse. The strap broke, spilling numerous sales receipts and other identification onto the floor. The woman picked up her purse and fled. Afterwards, security identified English as the woman who attempted to steal $61 worth of items.
Tuesday, English went into Publix and security observed her pushing a shopping cart with two reusable Walmart bags, selecting various items and putting them in the bags. Security then saw English pull out an old Publix receiptand pushed the cart past all points of sale but was stopped outside with $50 worth of items. At that time it was learned that this was the same woman, English, who was wanted in the Jan. 17 Walmart theft.
English was taken to the Charlotte County Jail where she posted a $2,000 bond and released. This is her second arrest.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim