|Published:||Jan 30, 2013 9:04 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 30, 2013 11:48 AM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- The 56th Annual Thomas Alva Edison Science and Engineering Fair and the 25th Annual Thomas A. Edison Regional Inventors Fair is this weekend. About 800 Southwest Florida students head to Florida Gulf Coast University for the event, where they compete for $900,000 in scholarships. Steering Committee member Jim Helms joins us in studio with details on the fair.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man