|Published:||Jan 30, 2013 7:32 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 30, 2013 6:40 PM EST|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla.- The pedestrian killed around 6:20 a.m. Wednesday morning on Judd Avenue has been identified as 45-year-old Michael Mullady of Cape Coral.
The Florida Highway Patrol will not charge the driver of a white Jeep that hit him, since Mullady walked into the path of his vehicle while crossing the road. The driver attempted to brake several times.
Troopers told WINK News, the driver couldn't see the pedestrian because it was dark out and he wasn't wearing any reflective clothing. Troopers also said Mullady, was going to a nearby rehab clinic when the Jeep hit him.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- Poll: Rubio gets negative marks on immigration