|Published:||Jan 30, 2013 7:32 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 30, 2013 6:40 PM EST|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla.- The pedestrian killed around 6:20 a.m. Wednesday morning on Judd Avenue has been identified as 45-year-old Michael Mullady of Cape Coral.
The Florida Highway Patrol will not charge the driver of a white Jeep that hit him, since Mullady walked into the path of his vehicle while crossing the road. The driver attempted to brake several times.
Troopers told WINK News, the driver couldn't see the pedestrian because it was dark out and he wasn't wearing any reflective clothing. Troopers also said Mullady, was going to a nearby rehab clinic when the Jeep hit him.
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- North Fort Myers mobile home fire ruled suspicious
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Golisano Children's Hospital holds ceremonial groundbreaking
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite