|Published:||Jan 30, 2013 7:32 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 30, 2013 6:40 PM EST|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla.- The pedestrian killed around 6:20 a.m. Wednesday morning on Judd Avenue has been identified as 45-year-old Michael Mullady of Cape Coral.
The Florida Highway Patrol will not charge the driver of a white Jeep that hit him, since Mullady walked into the path of his vehicle while crossing the road. The driver attempted to brake several times.
Troopers told WINK News, the driver couldn't see the pedestrian because it was dark out and he wasn't wearing any reflective clothing. Troopers also said Mullady, was going to a nearby rehab clinic when the Jeep hit him.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend