|Published:||Jan 30, 2013 5:49 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 30, 2013 11:24 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- A teenager was airlifted to the hospital for treatment after an ATV crash on 19th Street NW in Golden Gate.
Florida Highway Patrol says it happened around 4:15 p.m., when the 17-year-old driver of the ATV swerved to avoid a dog in the area. Troopers say the front-end of the ATV hit the dog and the driver lost control of the vehicle causing it to rollover. The driver was thrown off the ATV and hit a mailbox.
He was flown to Lee Memorial Hospital and is in critical condition.
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash