|Published:||Jan 30, 2013 11:23 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 30, 2013 11:23 PM EST|
BONITA SPRINGS, Fla.- The Bonita Springs Community Policing Unit conducted two crosswalk operations to educate drivers. The first operation was on Old 41 Road at Reynolds Street. Deputies issued 34 written warnings and one citation for an unrelated offense.
The second operation was conducted at Bonita Beach at Hickory Boulevard. Deputies issued 26 written warnings and had one arrest for a warrant. All crosswalk violations received written warnings for Florida Statute 316.130(7).
Safety checkpoints and other coordinated activities are scheduled throughout the year in the interest of protecting our residents and visitors in our community.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption
- Third-grade FCAT math and reading scores static
- Investigators look for answers in fatal Gateway standoff
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students