NORTH PORT, Fla.- On Tuesday, Imagine Middle School staff called the North Port Police Department in reference to a 13-year-old student who was in possession of a 9mm handgun while in class.
A student reportedly notified his teacher that a student, had a gun in his backpack. During the investigation, it was learned that a second student, had brought the unloaded gun to school and had given it to the other student.
Both students were charged with Possession of a Firearm While on School Property. They were arrested and transported to the North Sarasota County Jail where they are being detained by the Division of Juvenile Justice.
- Second Lee County bank robbed, suspects in custody
- Fatal crash on Golden Gate Parkway
- Fire at North Fort Myers home causes extensive damage
- Florida is #2 for internet crime complaints
- Deputies: 86-year-old Fla. mom shoots, kills son
- Fla. man trapped in car, dies from complications
- Heroes rescue disabled Fla. vet from pond