JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Police say they fatally shot a man who was involved in a domestic disturbance at a Jacksonville home after he tried to grab an officer's gun.
According to The Florida Times-Union (http://bit.ly/YeOeiZ ) reports police were trying to arrest the man Monday night following an altercation with several teens.
Dwain Senterfitt of the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office told the newspaper the man said he had just gotten out of jail and he wasn't going back.
As police were trying to handcuff him, he grabbed one of the officers and both fell to the ground. During the struggle he tried to grab the officer's gun and another officer shot him.
Officer Kevin Kilcoin was grazed by one of the rounds fired but was not seriously injured.
Information from: The (Jacksonville) Florida Times-Union, http://www.jacksonville.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Consumer group flags high SPF ratings on sunscreen
- Hundreds of bikers honor military with Freedom Ride 2013
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th
- Friends Mourn Friend Killed in Motor Scooter Crash