|Published:||Jan 29, 2013 4:33 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 29, 2013 11:40 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.-"It is a shame. It really is crying," Trying to hold back tears, Sharon Taverna recounts how two men beat up her boyfriend Steve Northcutt and ransacked their Cape Coral home.
"I came home and found him at the door bleeding."
She left home this afternoon for about twenty minutes. In that time, Cape Coral Police say two armed men forced the homeowner to open up his safe. They took cash and got away in a dark suv.
"They took all our valuables everything we every owned is gone," said Taverna.
The victim told us two men knocked on his door and asked if he wanted his trees trimmed.
He said yes.
Then led them to the backyard and paid them one hundred dollars.
But instead of landscaping his property like they promised, they hit him in the head with a gun and robbed him.
"I am worried about him. It is just not fair."
Shortly before this armed robbery, neighbors say they spotted two suspicious men canvassing the area offering landscaping services.
Michelle Alcolea said, "It is very crazy. It is scary."
If you know anything call the Cape Coral Police Department.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Charlotte County
- Burglary suspect casually takes items from unlocked vehicle