|Published:||Jan 29, 2013 11:02 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 29, 2013 5:19 PM EST|
MARCO ISLAND, Fla.- A 61-year-old man who was rescued from a lake at Mackle Park yesterday has died. Officials say Dean A. Pfeil, a resident of Kensington, Connecticut, was underwater for over 30 minutes Monday afternoon.
He was pronounced dead shortly after his arrival at Physician’s Regional Hospital.
Witnesses say the man was using a remote control boat at Mackle Park in Marco Island when a piece of that boat fell off. In an attempt to retrieve it, he swam out into the water and began struggling.
Emergency crews gave the man CPR after finding him underwater 36 minutes later.
Pfeil had previously resided on Marco Island and was in the city visiting friends who reside on Marco Island.
The Marco Island Police Department continues their investigation.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school