|Published:||Jan 29, 2013 11:02 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 29, 2013 5:19 PM EST|
MARCO ISLAND, Fla.- A 61-year-old man who was rescued from a lake at Mackle Park yesterday has died. Officials say Dean A. Pfeil, a resident of Kensington, Connecticut, was underwater for over 30 minutes Monday afternoon.
He was pronounced dead shortly after his arrival at Physician’s Regional Hospital.
Witnesses say the man was using a remote control boat at Mackle Park in Marco Island when a piece of that boat fell off. In an attempt to retrieve it, he swam out into the water and began struggling.
Emergency crews gave the man CPR after finding him underwater 36 minutes later.
Pfeil had previously resided on Marco Island and was in the city visiting friends who reside on Marco Island.
The Marco Island Police Department continues their investigation.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption
- Third-grade FCAT math and reading scores static
- Investigators look for answers in fatal Gateway standoff
- Personal finance expert Suze Orman speaks at UF