|Published:||Jan 29, 2013 5:11 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 29, 2013 11:45 PM EST|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla.- Lee County Sheriff's deputies are investigating a violent home invasion that reportedly took place Sunday night on the 100 block of Wanatah Ave. South.
"I am afraid to go in to my own home because somebody could be behind, you know, behind my house waiting to push me in," said the resident who wants to remain nameless.
The victims told deputies that around 7:00 p.m., the 49-year-old male victim was in the garage with door open when he was approached by four masked suspects and pistol-whipped by one of them. The suspects forced him into the residence at gunpoint.
"He was hitting my husband for no reason because my husband was not offering any resistance," she said.
According to the incident report, the men got away with two TVs, two laptops and two cell phones.
The victim described the suspects as being in their 30s, standing about 5'8 and weighing roughly 165 lbs. Two of the suspects were wearing gloves. All of them were speaking in Spanish to one another.
A 67-year-old woman who was inside the residence believed the men fled in a vehicle, due to the weight of the TVs.
"Yeah that is really scary, especially when you are watching the news and all the gun debates and everything," said neighbor Robert Moses.
Though the crime was reported at 9:45 p.m., an exact time that the crime happened could not be established.
The investigation continues.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Real life grinch steals Christmas stockings