|Published:||Jan 29, 2013 7:59 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 29, 2013 11:11 AM EST|
KENDALL, Fla. (AP) - Police say a 78-year-old South Florida man became so enraged when his wife refused to cook him a hamburger that he stabbed her to death.
Miami-Dade police say Bartolo Gelsomino confessed to killing his wife 71-year-old Ana Gelsomino on Jan. 21 and staging a burglary to cover up the crime. He faces second-degree murder charges and will be arraigned Feb. 11.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/114u8gX) reports the couple's daughter found her mother's body in the home.
As police searched the home, Gelsomino - a Sicily-born man who primarily speaks Italian - showed up. They noticed two possible blood stains on his shirt.
Gelsomino told police he stabbed his wife during an argument. He then led detectives to a trash bin in a nearby warehouse where he tossed the knife.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Lee school board narrows down superintendent search
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Company offers extra protection to gun owners
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges