|Published:||Jan 29, 2013 3:05 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 29, 2013 3:15 PM EST|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office is asking the public for information in helping locate a man who last lived in South Punta Gorda Heights, and was convicted in Winnebago, Illinois, of Criminal Sexual Assault on July 27, 2001.
After his conviction in Illinois, 27-year-old David Emory Travis, moved to Florida and was registered as living at 11405 7th Avenue. Travis last registered with CCSO as a Sexual Offender on Sep. 26, 2011. He was in Charlotte County a short time and absconded from required continual registration; CCSO has not been able to locate Travis. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) is also searching for Travis.
Travis was born in Jacksonville, Feb. 1, 1984, is a white male, with dark brown hair and hazel eyes, 5’-10” tall and 175 pounds. If anyone has information on the whereabouts of David Travis, please CCSO Corporal John Poudrette at 941-639-2101, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Communications satellite launched into space