|Published:||Jan 29, 2013 3:05 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 29, 2013 3:15 PM EST|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office is asking the public for information in helping locate a man who last lived in South Punta Gorda Heights, and was convicted in Winnebago, Illinois, of Criminal Sexual Assault on July 27, 2001.
After his conviction in Illinois, 27-year-old David Emory Travis, moved to Florida and was registered as living at 11405 7th Avenue. Travis last registered with CCSO as a Sexual Offender on Sep. 26, 2011. He was in Charlotte County a short time and absconded from required continual registration; CCSO has not been able to locate Travis. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) is also searching for Travis.
Travis was born in Jacksonville, Feb. 1, 1984, is a white male, with dark brown hair and hazel eyes, 5’-10” tall and 175 pounds. If anyone has information on the whereabouts of David Travis, please CCSO Corporal John Poudrette at 941-639-2101, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent