|Published:||Jan 29, 2013 3:05 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 29, 2013 3:15 PM EST|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office is asking the public for information in helping locate a man who last lived in South Punta Gorda Heights, and was convicted in Winnebago, Illinois, of Criminal Sexual Assault on July 27, 2001.
After his conviction in Illinois, 27-year-old David Emory Travis, moved to Florida and was registered as living at 11405 7th Avenue. Travis last registered with CCSO as a Sexual Offender on Sep. 26, 2011. He was in Charlotte County a short time and absconded from required continual registration; CCSO has not been able to locate Travis. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) is also searching for Travis.
Travis was born in Jacksonville, Feb. 1, 1984, is a white male, with dark brown hair and hazel eyes, 5’-10” tall and 175 pounds. If anyone has information on the whereabouts of David Travis, please CCSO Corporal John Poudrette at 941-639-2101, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim