|Published:||Jan 29, 2013 3:36 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 29, 2013 3:36 PM EST|
DESOTO COUNTY, Fla.- A pedestrian is dead after a crash on U.S. 17, just after 5:00 a.m. on Saturday.
FHP says 16-year-old Juliana Erien Delmonte hit 38-year-old Jesus Hernandez as he was walking on the shoulder of the road.
Delmonte was traveling southbound on US 17, just south of SW Fletcher St. when she veered off the roadway and traveled onto the west grass shoulder of US 17. The front left side of the vehicle collided with the Hernandez.
Delmonte was charged with failure to drive within designated lane.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Changes to Lee Way mean customers buy new transponders
- Mom blames husband after driving kids into ocean
- Thieves steal handicapped man's motobility chair