|Published:||Jan 28, 2013 12:52 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 28, 2013 12:52 PM EST|
SARASOTA COUNTY, Fla.- The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office has arrested 33-year-old Michael Thomas Christner, of 2325 Temple Street, for sending pornographic images to a 15-year-old boy, using a computer to entice the child and traveling to engage in sexual activity.
Christner reportedly met the victim through a social networking application in late December and the two communicated by text over the following couple of weeks.
Detectives obtained a search warrant for Christner’s home and it was executed early this morning with the assistance of the Sarasota Police Department. Detectives recovered evidence that included more than a dozen pictures of subjects engaged in sexual activity as well as nude photos of Christner that he sent to the boy.
Christner was arrested and charged with one count of Using a Computer to Entice a Child to Engage in Sexual Activity, one count of Traveling to Meet a Minor to Engage in Sexual Activity and 13 counts of the Transmission of Material Harmful to Minors.
The Manatee County Sheriff’s Office is currently investigating the allegation that Christner drove the victim to Manatee County to engage in sexual activity.
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- A look at the dangers of riding a motorcycle
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- Floridians pay the price for illegal Curbstoning
- Charlotte County does away with PE class
- 12 sentenced in South Florida grow house operation
- Three bears spotted in North Naples community
- Man answers the door & gets beat with a tire iron