|Published:||Jan 28, 2013 4:37 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 28, 2013 4:37 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The Lee County Health Department say its received its first reported case of whooping cough for the year. Doctors still have to complete tests to confirm the illness.
Whooping cough cases started to pick up in the past three years in Lee County. Whooping cough is a highly contagious bacterial disease. There is a vaccine for whooping cough. Nationwide, there's been an increase in the number of infections. Doctors say the effectiveness of the vaccine can fade.
- FMPD arrests robbery suspect linked to 5 robberies
- Store owner's surveillance cameras catch alleged thieves
- Collier home destroyed by fire
- Real estate search begins for Hertz executives
- Settlement reached with Lifestyle Lift
- Candidates for Cape Coral Mayor duke it out in 1st debate
- Couple accused of kidnapping kids appears in court
- Police ID man who drove into Cape Coral canal
- Naples parents protest cell phone tower at elementary school
- Hertz new HQ building plans