|Published:||Jan 28, 2013 12:09 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 28, 2013 12:09 PM EST|
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - A giant cigar sitting in a Clearwater warehouse has been sold for $185,000.
The cigar is 19 feet long and three feet wide. It's covered in 16,000 wrapper leaves - enough to make 25,000 regular size cigars - and weighs 1,600 pounds.
Juan Panesso runs an online cigar shop. He told the Tampa Tribune (http://bit.ly/111DV6p0 ) that a collector asked him to find the rare cigar, which was located in Miami. Panesso says the private buyer got a good deal on the cigar that had a recommended retail price tag of $200,000.
The cigar, called El Gigante (The Giant), comes in its own carrying case - a 900-pound round wooden crate. It's sitting in a warehouse in Clearwater until Tuesday when it will be shipped to its new owner.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Pilot whales stranded in Everglades National Park
- Cops: Man shoots friend while watching football
- 2 Keys men get prison for wildlife trafficking
- Accused robber shoots self before arrest
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Fla. cities lead nation in high-end foreclosures
- Officials lift Martin County dengue fever advisory
- Man accused in GCTC shooting appears before a judge