|Published:||Jan 28, 2013 12:09 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 28, 2013 12:09 PM EST|
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - A giant cigar sitting in a Clearwater warehouse has been sold for $185,000.
The cigar is 19 feet long and three feet wide. It's covered in 16,000 wrapper leaves - enough to make 25,000 regular size cigars - and weighs 1,600 pounds.
Juan Panesso runs an online cigar shop. He told the Tampa Tribune (http://bit.ly/111DV6p0 ) that a collector asked him to find the rare cigar, which was located in Miami. Panesso says the private buyer got a good deal on the cigar that had a recommended retail price tag of $200,000.
The cigar, called El Gigante (The Giant), comes in its own carrying case - a 900-pound round wooden crate. It's sitting in a warehouse in Clearwater until Tuesday when it will be shipped to its new owner.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before