|Published:||Jan 28, 2013 12:09 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 28, 2013 12:09 PM EST|
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - A giant cigar sitting in a Clearwater warehouse has been sold for $185,000.
The cigar is 19 feet long and three feet wide. It's covered in 16,000 wrapper leaves - enough to make 25,000 regular size cigars - and weighs 1,600 pounds.
Juan Panesso runs an online cigar shop. He told the Tampa Tribune (http://bit.ly/111DV6p0 ) that a collector asked him to find the rare cigar, which was located in Miami. Panesso says the private buyer got a good deal on the cigar that had a recommended retail price tag of $200,000.
The cigar, called El Gigante (The Giant), comes in its own carrying case - a 900-pound round wooden crate. It's sitting in a warehouse in Clearwater until Tuesday when it will be shipped to its new owner.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Communications satellite launched into space