|Published:||Jan 28, 2013 10:11 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 28, 2013 10:53 AM EST|
THONOTOSASSA, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a 72-year-old man was killed in a wrong way crash on U.S. 301 in Thonotosassa near Tampa.
The crash happened Sunday night.
The Florida Highway Patrol says 32-year-old Monica Main was traveling south in the northbound lanes of U.S. 301 about 9 p.m. Sunday when she collided head-on with another vehicle. The driver that that vehicle - 72-year-old William J. Harrington - died at the scene of the crash.
Main was taken to the hospital with what were believed to be minor injuries.
The crash is under investigation. No further details were immediately available.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs