|Published:||Jan 28, 2013 10:11 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 28, 2013 10:53 AM EST|
THONOTOSASSA, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a 72-year-old man was killed in a wrong way crash on U.S. 301 in Thonotosassa near Tampa.
The crash happened Sunday night.
The Florida Highway Patrol says 32-year-old Monica Main was traveling south in the northbound lanes of U.S. 301 about 9 p.m. Sunday when she collided head-on with another vehicle. The driver that that vehicle - 72-year-old William J. Harrington - died at the scene of the crash.
Main was taken to the hospital with what were believed to be minor injuries.
The crash is under investigation. No further details were immediately available.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FMPD arrests robbery suspect linked to 5 robberies
- Store owner's surveillance cameras catch alleged thieves
- Collier home destroyed by fire
- Victims say man exposed himself in Naples beach parking lot
- Real estate search begins for Hertz executives
- New Lee superintendent to make $169,000 her first year
- Zombies to unite at Bell Tower for a good cause
- Settlement reached with Lifestyle Lift
- Candidates for Cape Coral Mayor duke it out in 1st debate
- Couple accused of kidnapping kids appears in court