|Published:||Jan 28, 2013 12:10 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 28, 2013 12:10 PM EST|
BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP) - Boca Raton police want to speak to anyone who saw an SUV crash into a train, killing one person in the car.
Police say 49-year-old Anthony Carter was driving his SUV Saturday afternoon when he crashed through the downed railroad crossing gate. A Tri-Rail train rammed into the side of his car, pushing it along the tracks.
Carter was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police are asking for witnesses of the crash to contact detectives.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis