|Published:||Jan 28, 2013 12:10 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 28, 2013 12:10 PM EST|
BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP) - Boca Raton police want to speak to anyone who saw an SUV crash into a train, killing one person in the car.
Police say 49-year-old Anthony Carter was driving his SUV Saturday afternoon when he crashed through the downed railroad crossing gate. A Tri-Rail train rammed into the side of his car, pushing it along the tracks.
Carter was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police are asking for witnesses of the crash to contact detectives.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Changes to Lee Way mean customers buy new transponders
- Mom blames husband after driving kids into ocean
- School bus hits bicyclist on Pine Island Rd.