|Published:||Jan 28, 2013 11:02 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 28, 2013 12:44 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A dead manatee was discovered today in the Caloosahatchee River. It was found by the Tarpon Street pier.
So far, it's unclear what caused the manatee's death. According to the the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, 74 manatees were found dead in Lee County last year.
Boaters are asked to be extra cautious.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Real life grinch steals Christmas stockings
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Man bitten by shark in foot in Cocoa Beach