|Published:||Jan 28, 2013 11:19 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 28, 2013 11:56 PM EST|
MARCO ISLAND, Fla.- Marco Island emergency crews rushed to rescue a man who nearly drowned in a lake.
It happened Monday afternoon at Mackle Park on Andalusia Terrace.
Witnesses said the 61-year-old Connecticut man was at the park using a remote control boat. A part of the boat fell off and when he tried to swim out to retrieve the part, he started to struggle.
Two underage children tried to swim out to rescue the man, but they had to abandon the rescue when they too started to struggle.
Divers and police officers found the man underwater 36-minutes later. They performed CPR and rushed him to an area hospital.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI